Saturday, December 15, 2012

"When did my dreams become my worst enemy?
When did the one I love become the one I hate?
When did I decide that hell was my heaven,
That peace was war and hate and evil?
What happened to the kid
That hid in mortal fear from the demons
That haunted her dreams and told her of things to come?
Now she stands and welcomes them
Now she tells people around her what will happen
Now she can communicate in way unnatural
What happened to the skinned knees
What happened to the boogey man?
I think I miss him- he was my best friend
Although I didn't know it.
What happened to the dreams of a prince
What happened to the dreams that I had
They're gone...
They saw the monster inside of me and ran
Now I'm gathering up the pieces of the heart
That was beating in my hand and I'm wondering
Did I squeeze it too hard?"

No comments:

Post a Comment