Thursday, February 2, 2012

I've had a busy week, and its not over yet. Monday is the only day I rode the bus home this week, and I might not ride it for the rest of the week.
Tuesday, I went to my second-but at the same time first- meeting at CAP with Devin Tilley, aka Devlin. Major Wiggs was happy to see me again, as was Mr. Bailey, who gave me my first CAP nickname: Trouble. I don't know why. Me? Trouble? Not possible.
I followed Josh and Devlin around for most of the evening, learning where things were and laughing with them.
Josh will be my commanding officer for 6 months, and already he and Devlin are getting me into programs like Great Start (where Cameron Horner will be teaching the common curtesies of CAP), helping me plan for scholarships to get me into Encampment this summer, and already making me work with them. This coming Tuesday I'll be doing PT with them (heck I'm scared), and then I get my papers to sign up.
I'm going to have a hard time there, I can tell already. Not that I won't enjoy it, but I recently found out that the panicky feeling I get, feeling like I have to run and I can't breathe is a panic attack, and although they are very light and I can control them, its only going to be a matter of time before I start losing control unless I can manage to keep a tight grip on myself. Its kinda scary. On top of that, I have asthma and bronchitis.
And I'll have to remember to call my friends by their title and last name, and to treat them with respect...not what I'm used to doing. So I'm living it up while I can, hangin out with Devin as much as possible and teasing Josh as much as possible before I'm put into uniform.
Gotta go, bell's ringing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment