Saturday, January 14, 2012

I have a busy week ahead of me...
I have a parade on Monday, Martin Luther King Jr day, and we're playing Shake a Tail Feather, one of the hardest songs I have ever played in my entire life. Cut timing, and almost all 8th notes, meaning we're supposed to play them as fast as 16th notes in Common timing (4/4). *And* playing high notes on the flute is hard cause you have so many different fingerings, usually from all fingers to almost none, or moving the pinky and index fingers on both hands to totally different positions...complicated. Which is why I'm going to march the Alto Sax next year- less to think about, plus the posture is different and easier to work with. I can't wait to put on my uniform again!!! Marching Band is so fun.
Tuesday, I go in for midterm exams in Civics and Economics and Journalism ( :P ), Wednesday for Science and Math ( not feeling so good about those...), and Thursday for Band and Honors English (I have a feeling I'm going to ace those). Those are all early release days, thank God.
Then on Friday its a free day!!!- and I'll probably spend most of my weekend with Christian or Jen.
This weekend I'm just being bored at home- well, until tomorrow and Monday. Tomorrow I get to tutor someone for the exams, as well as Monday after the parade. yay!!!

3 comments:

  1. Band sounds fun!!!!!! Have fun on your test next week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY unrelated to your post, but we've really GOT to get you a RSS button on here! (if you want of course).

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Jewel, I'll try!!!
    Mom, what is an RSS?

    ReplyDelete