Monday, January 16, 2012

The parade was...fun, but interesting. And hard.
I woke up at 8 AM, giving me 15 minutes to be ready and another 15 minutes to get to the school. I ran in with several other members and was immediately accosted by Deja, who wanted to talk my ear off. I grabbed my bag and my uniform and headed off to the women's restroom, where I changed as fast as I could and hurried to join my friends. Jen, her boyfriend Alex, his twin Evan, Chris, Kevin, and I stood around talking for a little while until I grabbed Alex, Jen, and Chris and took a picture of us together. For Facebook, of course. We all relaxed and chilled until the call for shining shoes, and then wet rags were tossed at us and we cleaned our shoes off really quick and tossed the rags back. We ran into the band room and grabbed our instruments, put them on the trailer, and piled into the buses. All the way to the grounds me and Jen talked to each other and took pictures, etc. Once at the grounds, we lined up and practiced, warmed up, etc. Once marching, it was next to impossible to stay in step. Shake a Tail Feather is one of the worst songs to march to. I felt like I was hopping down the street on one foot. The funny thing was, we totally lost it with the drums, so we were all going off of each other. I found out later I had about 3 people watching me, but I was watching someone else. Thankfully it was over after about 2 miles, one of the shorter parades we've done/will do. We rode back to the school eating brownies and cookies and talking with our mouths full. That was on Monday...and I know this post is long overdue. But its been midterms since then, and I'm exhausted. I actually kinda like midterms. Everyone is quiet, I get to read a lot, and its early release every day :) Of course, I've been sleeping like nobody's business. I get home, eat something, and go right to sleep and don't wake up til the next morning. Or if I do, its not for long. I feel like a hibernating bear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment